Keeping your account secure
At Canva, we are committed to protecting your data and privacy. You can use the following steps to add extra protection to your account.
Use a strong and unique password
Choosing a strong, unique password helps to keep your personal information safe, and protects your documents and designs.
A strong password is hard to guess.
A password manager is the safest way to generate and securely store passwords.
- Make your password a minimum of 8 characters in length
- Avoid using these in your passwords as they’re easy to guess:
- A word by itself.
- Recent years.
- Straight rows of keys.
- Sequences like “abc” or “6543”.
- Repeats like “aaa” or “abcabcabc”.
- Short keyboard patterns.
- Names and surnames.
- Context like the website name
Use a password manager
A password manager can help you to create and manage a strong password.
Canva has partnered with 1Password to offer a free one-year trial to all our users. To sign up or learn more, click here.