Need help? - Uploading
If you’re having trouble uploading a photo, logo, or font, here are some common uploading inquiries with information that would help you resolve your uploading issues.
Images not uploading
- Image filename: Make sure the filename is in a format Canva understands: JPG, PNG, or SVG. Check for special characters and rename images before re-uploading.
- Web browser: Check if your web browser is updated and update if it’s not. You can also try uploading images on a different browser. Canva works best on Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Internet connection: The internet connection during the time you were uploading might’ve been unstable. Try re-uploading using a faster or more stable connection.
- File corruption: If a file is corrupted, try saving a copy of it again before re-uploading.
- Canva status: It’s possible there is ongoing site maintenance which can affect uploading. Please check our status page for updates.
Image uploading takes too long
Uploading images that have large file sizes tend to upload slower than usual.
To fix this, you can try the following:
- Check if your images meet the upload requirements.
- Check the file size and dimension. Make sure the file size is less than 25MB and don’t exceed 5000 pixels on all sides for its dimensions.
- Update your browser to its latest version. Canva supports Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
- Lessen the open tabs of the browser in use.
- Check or refresh your internet connection. You can also try using an alternative connection.
- Clear browser history or cache. Accumulated cookies can cause trouble sometimes.
Font upload error
There are several possible reasons why your font doesn’t upload. Here’s what you can do for each:
- Unsupported format. Make sure your font is in OTF, TTF, or WOFF format.
- Licensing issue. The font should be licensed for embedding. Ask the font provider if you’re unsure, or if you need to get the correct license or file version.
- Corrupted file. The file is unreadable. Get a new copy, and upload that instead.
Report an issue - Uploading