Something's not working - Sharing your design
Are you having issues sharing your design to social media, with a colleague or within your team? We’ve outlined some of the most common scenarios below and included steps on how to resolve your issue so you can get back to sharing your designs with the world!
Canva allows you to share your designs with a colleague or with a team. When designs are shared via email, a mail alert is sent to the recipient. The recipient must first click the link in their email before they will see the shared design in their account.
All designs that have been shared with you can be found in the Shared with you tab on the home page.
If someone has attempted to share a design with you but the link is missing in your inbox, you may want to check out the possible reasons we have identified below:
- The email address is incorrect.
- There’s an issue with the email provider that might be causing a delay.
- There’s an issue in Canva.
To try resolve the issue:
This issue affects me
- Check if the design is shared with the right email address.
- Check with your email provider.
- Check the status of the Canva website or report the issue by clicking Report an Issue – Sharing below and fill out the form.
Sharing an editable design allows others to collaborate with you. When you are unable to edit a shared editable design, there may be several reasons why this happens.
- You have a “view” link of the design.
Canva For work
- You are not a member of the team/brand.
- The design shared with you has custom fonts (hyperlinks).
- The design is created in the personal account or a different team/brand.
To allow others to edit your shared design:
- Click the Share button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click the box next to Share/email as an editable design.
- Type in the email of the user you would like to share your design with, in the email box and click Send.
Canva for work
This issue affects me
- Ask the recipient to upgrade or add the recipient to your Canva for Work team.
- Temporarily change the custom font to a standard Canva font.
- Transfer the design to the correct team or account.
Currently, designs with premium images that are shared directly to Facebook have watermarks. Please note that the Facebook and Twitter integration shares a link to the design which pulls in the watermarked preview.
To share your design with paid elements on Facebook without the watermark, download and pay for the design as an image and then upload them directly to Facebook.This issue affects me
Canva is not sharing the latest version of my design
When you share your design to Facebook by clicking the Share button, Facebook keeps the initial version of your design when you uploaded it. This means, when you go back to update your design Facebook will continue to use the saved cache instead of the new design.
To remedy this, simply clear your browser history including stored caches. The quickest way to do that is to press Cmd/Cltrl + Shift + Delete to bring up your browser history, from which you can delete your stored caches.This issue affects me
When you share a design with hyperlinks on Facebook, the hyperlinks are disabled. The reason for this is embedded hyperlinks only work on PDF files but Facebook only accepts images in JPEG or PNG file formats when uploading.This issue affects me