Need help? - Sharing your design
Are you having issues sharing your design to social media, with a colleague or within your team? We’ve outlined some of the most common scenarios below and included steps on how to resolve your issue so you can get back to sharing your designs with the world.
When a design is shared with you through email, you should receive one notifying you about it. Once you receive the email, you must click on the link in it before you can see the shared design in your Canva account.
To find all designs shared with you:
- Click on All your folders from the homepage side panel.
- Select Shared with you from the existing folders.
If someone shares a design with you but you didn’t receive the email, you can try the following:
- Check with the sender if the design is shared with the correct email address.
- Check your email’s Spam or Promotions (for Gmail) folder. If the email is found there, mark it as “Not spam” so future emails will go to your inbox.
- Check with your email provider if emails from Canva are blocked.
- Ask the owner of the design to share with you a link to the design instead.
- Check the status of the Canva website. There may be ongoing issues affecting the sending and receiving of emails.
If a design is shared with you and you can’t edit it, these are possible reasons why it happens and things you can do to address it:
The design’s access is set to “View” instead of “Edit”
To fix this, ask the owner of the design to re-share the design with you and make sure Can edit is selected as your access.
The design is shared to a different team or account
If a design is shared to a team, you can’t access it if you’re not a member or if you’re trying to open it from your personal account.
To check if you’re on the right team:
- Click on your profile icon from the top corner of the homepage. A ✔️appears next to the team you’re currently on.
- If you’re not logged into the correct team, switch teams by clicking on the team name. The page will refresh to the team’s homepage.
The design shared has custom fonts that non-team members can’t view
To fix this, you can request the owner of the design any of the following:
Report an issue - Sharing