Need help? - Saving
Have you revisited your design to find that changes haven’t saved? Do you see an “Unsaved changes” message when editing or saving a design in Canva?
Learn what to do if you have problems saving your design. The articles below discuss troubleshooting steps that can help resolve issues when trying to save in Canva.
Offline, attempting to reconnect
If you see the message “Offline, attempting to reconnect…” on the editor status bar, it means there’s unstable or no internet connection.
To fix this:
- Double-check your device’s connection to the internet
- Refresh your internet connection
Once your internet connection is reestablished, the status bar should show “All changes saved.”tip: To ensure the latest version of your design saves after encountering this message, you can copy any last changes made on it. Press CMD (Mac) / CTRL (Windows) + A on your keyboard to select all elements of the page and then CMD/CTRL + C to copy. Paste the elements by pressing CMD/CTRL + V.
Changes didn’t save
If the changes you made on your design are not saving, it might be due to using an outdated browser, intermittent internet connection, or ongoing site issues.
To make sure a design saves:
- Update your browser to its latest version.
- Ensure you have a fast and stable internet connection.
- Check the status bar. Canva automatically saves a design every few seconds after changes are made. Wait until “All changes saved” appears in the status bar at the top of the editor before closing a design.
- Manually save the design. You can do this by clicking on File then Save from the editor menu bar. This is ideal if you’re unsure whether your changes are saved or not.
If your changes still don’t save, check the Canva status page as there may be an ongoing issue. You can also reach out to our Support team using the form below.
Design preview (thumbnail) not updating
If previews or thumbnails on All your designs aren’t updating or are still generating, this means the design is too large or the internet connection is unstable.
Rest assured, your designs should be saved and intact even if the previews aren’t updating. You should still be able to edit and download your designs.
To update the design previews:
- Refresh All your designs. It can take a few minutes for previews to be in-sync with your design. Refresh the page after 10 minutes to see the changes in your thumbnail.
- Make a copy of your design. If the previews still don’t load after 10 minutes, you can make a copy of the design. You can keep both designs or delete the first one if you’d like.
Report an issue - Saving