Need help? - Billing
Below we have outlined some of the most common billing inquiries with information that will help diagnose and resolve your billing concerns.
Received an unfamiliar charge
There can be several reasons why you’re receiving charges from Canva:
The trial period expired and wasn’t canceled
When you upgrade to Canva Pro for the first time, you’re given a one-time free trial. If you don’t cancel the subscription during the trial period, your registered payment option will be immediately charged on the day the trial ends.
To stop further charges, please cancel your Canva Pro trial subscription from the web or mobile app (Android or iOS) depending on where you first availed the trial.
A purchase was made using the stored payment option
As a team owner or administrator, you can store payment options for your team. Depending on the permissions you set, your team members can use these payment options to pay for premium elements or Canva Print services. If you see an unfamiliar charge, it’s possible a team member made a purchase.
To prevent future unauthorized charges, you can set purchasing restrictions or remove the stored payment option.
Unauthorized use of payment details
If someone may have used your payment details without your permission to avail of any Canva related purchases, please reach out to us using the form below. Our Support Team will look into this and work on a solution.
Automatic subscription renewal
For your convenience, Canva Pro subscription plans automatically renew at the end of the billing period you’ve selected: monthly or annually.
To prevent your Canva Pro plan from renewing automatically, you can cancel your plan before the subscription ends on the next billing date. If you’ve subscribed to Canva Pro using the mobile app, make sure to cancel from the App Store or on Google Play.
Charged twice for an element
Buying an element with a One Design Use license allows you unlimited edits and downloads of the purchased element within the same design. If you want to reuse the element in a different design, you’ll need to buy it again.
If you can previously use Canva Pro features but suddenly can’t, here are possible reasons:
- Your subscription ended/was canceledWhen you cancel your Canva Pro subscription on your end, you’ll have access to its features until your paid period ends. Your account will be reverted to free after, removing your access to its features. You can resubscribe at any time.
- Your subscription payment failedIf your Canva Pro payment fails and is left unsettled, your Canva Pro subscription stops. Review and update your billing details to settle the payment.
- You’re logged in to a different teamThis usually happens if you’re part of multiple teams. Check if you’re in the correct team by clicking your account icon from the top corner of the homepage. If you’re not, click the correct team name under Switch team.
- You were removed from the teamContact your team administrator/s about your membership. If you’ve been removed, request to be added again.
- You’re designing via the Canva ButtonCanva Pro features are not available on partner websites via the Canva Button, but subscribed users will still have free unlimited access to premium elements. Create designs on canva.com for full access to Canva Pro features.
If you still have Canva Pro access concerns after checking the possible solutions above, contact us via the form below with the details so we can look into it for you.
Can't resubscribe to Canva Pro
Credit or debit card errors
Here are some things to try if you’re getting card errors:
- Make sure that the card has sufficient funds.
- Check if it is a supported card. You can use Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, or Diners.
- Double-check the card details: card number, expiry date, and CVV code.
- Check with your bank if your card is enabled for international and online purchases.
- Contact your bank to make sure that the transaction is authorized.
You can also try to use other payment options — if available to you:
A failed payment happens when Canva attempts and fails to charge the payment option connected to your account. Canva does three payment attempts after the first one.
This can be caused by the following reasons:
- The card is expired or invalid.
- There are insufficient funds in your account.
- The billing information is incorrect.
- The connected payment option is not enabled for international or online purchases.
You can pay the outstanding amount by updating your payment details or by contacting your bank to make sure international and online transactions are authorized.
Report an issue - Billing