Parts of the homepage
Welcome to your Canva homepage. Your homepage is the gateway for you to create your designs and lets you access other features in one place.
Your Canva homepage has three main sections:
- Side panel
- Search bar
- Designs section
The side panel contains important buttons and tabs which redirect you to important Canva features. Here’s a list of the buttons and tabs from the homepage side panel.
- Clicking on your profile name and photo will let you access your Account Settings, switch teams, or sign out of Canva.
- The Create a design button opens the list of available design types you can use to start your design.
- The Home tab is your default view upon logging in. From here, you would be able to create new designs, view your existing designs, create teams, access your brand kit, and organize designs into folders.
- The All your designs tab is where all your designs are saved. You can make a copy of your design, change your design title, move a design to a folder or delete your design in this section of your homepage.
- Clicking on the Templates or Photos tab is where you can browse through Canva’s available templates and photos outside the editor.
- Brand Kit takes you to your brand assets where you can set and define your team’s brand colors, fonts, and logos.
- The Design School tab redirects you to our learn page where you can access hundreds of helpful videos and interactive tutorials to get you started with creating your designs in Canva.
- Clicking on your Team name enables you to manage your teams by creating groups and inviting members to your Canva team so you can easily collaborate across your organization.
- Folders is where you can create your photo folders and design folders so you can organize your designs. Standard Canva users can create up to two folders for free. Canva Pro subscribers can create unlimited folders.
- The Shared with you tab shows the designs other Canva users have shared with you. If this your first time creating an account, your Shared with you page may be empty at this point.
- The Trash folder contains designs you’ve recently deleted. You have the option to permanently delete or retrieve designs.
- The Upgrade button lets you access a free 14-day trial of our Canva Pro subscription. Canva Pro is a paid service that lets you access exclusive features and free images.
Search bar panel
The search bar is located on the upper section of your homepage. Typing a search term in the search bar will open recommended templates. Click on a template to open the editor and start designing.
The Designs section contains Create a design, Your designs, and Recommended designs.
Create a design is located below the search bar. You can start designing by selecting a design type from this section or by clicking on Custom dimensions.
Your designs contains some of the most recent designs you’ve created on Canva. If you’re new to Canva, this section will not be visible.
Scrolling down below Your designs will show more recommended design types. Click on See all on the design type you’d like to create to view more template options.