Parts of the homepage
Welcome to your Canva homepage. Your homepage is the gateway for you to create your designs and lets you access other features in one place.
Your Canva homepage has four main sections:
- Side panel
- Design type search bar
- Create a design
- Your designs
The side panel contains important buttons and tabs which redirect you to important Canva features. Here’s a list of the buttons and tabs from the homepage side panel.
- Clicking on your profile name and photo will let you access your Account Settings, switch teams, or sign out of Canva.
- The Create a design button opens the list of available design types you can use to start your design.
- The Home tab is your default view upon logging in. From here, you would be able to create new designs, view your existing designs, create teams, access your brand kit, and organize designs into folders.
- The Team name tab enables you to manage your teams by creating groups and inviting members to your Canva team so you can easily collaborate across your organization.
- Brand kit takes you to your brand assets where you can set and define your team’s brand colors, fonts, and logos.
- The Design School tab redirects you to our learn page where you can access hundreds of helpful videos and interactive tutorials to get you started with creating your designs in Canva.
- Folders is where you can create your photo folders and design folders so you can organize your designs. Standard Canva users can create up to two folders for free. Canva for Work subscribers can create unlimited folders.
- The All your designs tab is where all your designs are saved. You can make a copy of your design, change your design title, move a design to a folder or delete your design in this section of your homepage.
- The Shared with you tab shows the designs other Canva users have shared with you. If this your first time creating an account, your Shared with you page may be empty at this point.
- The Team templates tab is where you can find your team’s custom templates and easily manage your brand materials.
- The Trash folder contains designs you’ve recently deleted. You have the option to permanently delete or retrieve designs.
- The Upgrade button enables you to access a free 30-day trial of our Canva for Work subscription. Canva for Work is a paid service which lets you to access exclusive features and free images.
Design type search bar
The design type search bar is located on the upper section of your homepage. Typing a search term on the search bar will enable you to choose a design type to start designing.
You can also click on the design types mentioned below the search bar to instantly open the editor.
Create a design
Aside from the design type search bar, you can also start designing by selecting a design type from the Create a design section. This section is located directly below the design search bar.
To view more recommended design types, simply click on the arrow button beside the last recommended design type option or click on the Browse all option.
The Your designs section will contain all of the designs you’ll be making on Canva. If you’re new to Canva, this section will be blank.
However, once you’ve started creating your designs, thumbnail previews of your designs should show in this section. You’ll have the option of duplicating, downloading, deleting, or renaming your design in this section. You can also move your designs to a folder.