Working with text (iPhone)
Layouts on the Canva app come with great font pairings and beautiful typesetting. To easily make changes to text styling, tap on the text box you wish to edit. This will reveal controls directly below the text that will let you change:
- Fonts with drop-down menu below the layout
- Caps to lowercase and vice-versa
- Line spacing and height using the Spacing button
- Text size using the Text Size slider. You can also change the size of your text using your fingers. To enlarge text, spread your fingers. To reduce text size, pinch your text.
- Color and transparency using the color editor
Need to change the placement of a text box? Drag it to its new position using your fingers.
To change the content if any text box, double-tap the text element you wish to edit. This will let you use your iPhone keyboard to enter new content into the field. Once you’re happy with the new content, tap done.
Note that you can edit content in any text box in the same way you would text anywhere else on your iPhone.
- To delete an entire string of content, tap the backspace button on the iPhone keyboard.
- To delete a specific word, long tap the word to reveal iPhone’s default menu and then tap on Select. This will also open the text edit menu.
To add a new text box to a layout, tap first on the + button found on the lower right side of the screen. After that, tap on the Text button. You’ll be able to add both custom and pre-designed text boxes.
To add custom text, tap on +Add Some Text of Your Own button. Note that you’ll have to style text on your own to get it looking just right.
Delete a Text box
To delete an entire text box:
- Tap on the box to select it.
- Look for the Trash icon and tap to delete.