Working with photos (iPad)
You can edit images in the Canva iPad app using filters, changing the way they are cropped, or by replacing them.
Adding images to your layout
To add an image to your layout:
- Tap on the Search tab within your object panel.
- Tap on the Free Photos folder.
- Select the image you wish to add to your layout.
You can apply, change or remove a filter from the image you are working with. To reveal the controls that let you work with filters, tap on the image you wish to work with. Tap on the Filter button.
- To apply a filter to the image, browse through the filter options on the right and tap on the one you wish to use.
- To change a filter, browse through the filter options on the right and tap on the one you wish to replace the current filter with.
- To remove all filters from the image, tap on the No Filter option.
You can change the intensity of the filter applied to an image using the slider below the filters. Sliding it to the right will intensify it. Sliding it to the left will reduce the intensity of the filter.
Using advanced filters
At the very bottom of the image editing controls you’ll see the option to work with Advanced Filters. Tapping on this option will let you customize the image by working with the following options:
To change any of the options, use the option’s slider. Pushing the slider to the right will intensify the effect of the option on the image and pushing it to the left will reduce it.
Once you are done working with Filters, tap on your image to close the filter editing controls.
Cropping your image
You can easily crop your image on the Canva iPad app using your fingers.
To change the section of the image displayed, simply drag the image around the viewport using your finger.
To zoom in on an image, spread your fingers on the image. To zoom out, pinch the screen.
Replacing an image
If you wish to work with a different image, tap on the image you wish to replace and hit the Trash button.
To add in a replacement image:
- Tap on the Search tab within your dashboard.
- Tap on the Free Photos button.
- Select the new image you wish to use.