Navigate the Canva editor
The Canva editor is where all the design magic happens. To help you get familiarized with the parts of the editor, here are its most basic parts:
- Menu bar – This is the menu bar on the very top of the editor. From here, you’ll be able to access the features like Undo, Redo, Resize, Share, Publish, and others. You’ll also be able to see your design’s saving status from here.
- Toolbar – The toolbar is where you customize the formatting of your design elements. The contents of the toolbar will change depending on the element you’ve selected.
- Side panel – This panel that appears on the side of the editor is where you’ll be able to access the templates and elements you can use in your design. It’s divided into 7 tabs dedicated to Templates, Elements, Text, Background, Uploads, Folders, and Apps.
- Canvas – At first, this is the blank white space occupying the majority of the editor. Consider this your main workspace since this is where you’ll work on your designs.
- Zoom – This is where you can adjust the zoom settings of the editor.
- Help ? – Clicking on this button opens the Canva Assistant where you can find guides and tutorials on how to use Canva’s various features.
All good? Let’s get started with creating your first design.
Proceed to the next guide: Select a template