Share embed code
Embeds allow you to easily share content and automatically update across the web. You can display fully functional Tweets, share a YouTube video or embed practically anything on your blog or website.
Canva makes it super easy for you to share your design with its automatically generated embed code. With just a click of the Share button, you can now copy and paste your design’s embed code to the following blogging platforms that we currently support:
Here’s how to share the embed code of your design:
- Click the Share button on the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- The Share this design dialog box will appear.
- Click Embed.
- The embed code will be displayed.
- Click the green Copy button. The button should turn to Copied!
- Paste the code into your blog or website’s HTML viewer.
How to paste your code into your blog or website
Although every blogging platform is different, you can probably find the HTML viewer with similar steps.
- In your content management system (CMS), open your HTML viewer.
- Paste the HTML code you just copied by pressing Command/Ctrl + V into your HTML viewer window.
- Click ‘Update’ for WordPress.org, ‘Publish’ for Blogger, ‘Post’ for Tumblr, ‘Publish Now’ for Wix or ‘Apply’ for Spacesquare.
Here’s how to open the HTML viewer in WordPress.org, Blogger, Tumblr, Wix and Spacesquare:
A technology called oEmbed is an open format, designed to let web publishers easily embed content such as photos, video, rich content — and automatically display other content by typing in a URL on third party sites.
Providers like YouTube, Hulu, Flickr and Vimeo all support oEmbed, meaning that pasting a URL for one of those services into a system with oEmbed support should allow users to quickly embed rich media.
Some online publishing websites like Medium.com only allows embedding via oEmbeds. Sharing this way means you can embed without having to copy and embed code manually. Simply copy the URL of your Canva design and paste it on to Medium’s auto-embed editor, as shown in the GIF below: