Find an image you used before
If you have already added the image to a previous design, but you can’t find it, there is a way using its Media ID.
To find the Media ID of an image, follow these steps:
- Open your previous design and click on the image.
- After clicking on the image, click the Filter button in the upper left hand of the toolbar.
- Right click on the normal filter and click ‘Open Image in New Tab“.
- Open the new tab and copy the 8 – 12 character combination following “media-public.canva.com/”. (eg: MAA2rl6llhE). This is the Media id.
- Search for the image in the search bar using the Media id. Type in :<the media id> to bring up your previously used image. For the characters given above, you would need to type in id:MAA2rl6llhE.
Alternatively, you can save a Media ID as you’re creating your design.
Here’s how to find the Media ID:
- Hover your cursor over the element you’d like to use in your design.
- Click on the i button on the lower left corner of the preview.
- A dropdown will reveal with the ID details. Clicking on the ID will redirect you to more information on the element.
- Save the ID for future reference and search according to the instructions above.