Adding and removing photos
Adding a photo to your design
Adding photos to your designs is as easy as clicking on any image from our vast library, or choosing from any image you have uploaded. However, to provide more flexibility whilst designing, Canva recommends housing your photos within grids.
To add photos:
- Click on the Elements tab in the object panel and open the Grids album.
- Click or drag the grid you wish to use to the canvas.
- Choose a photo.
- Click, hold and drag the photo into the grid.
Deleting a photo from your design
To delete a photo you have added to a grid:
- Click on the image you wish to delete. A dotted outline and the editor toolbar will appear.
- Click on the Trash icon in the editor toolbar to delete the image.
To replace an image inside of a grid simply click, hold and drag a new photo into the place of the existing one and it will automatically replace it.
Deleting an uploaded photo
If you wish to delete an uploaded photo:
- Hover over the image you wish to permanently delete.
- The “i” button should appear. Click on it.
- Click on the Trash icon to delete the image.