Adding and removing photos
This article explains how to add and remove photos on your design. To know more about uploading, removing, and managing your own photos, you can refer to our dedicated article about Uploading photos.
Adding a photo to your design
Adding photos to your designs is as easy as clicking on any image from our vast library, or choosing from any image you have uploaded.
To add photos:
- Search or locate the image you wish to use.
- After choosing the image, click or drag it into the page.
- Feel free to resize or apply a filter.
To provide more flexibility whilst designing, Canva recommends housing your photos within grids.
To add photos in grids:
- Click on the Elements tab in the object panel and open the Grids album.
- Click or drag the grid you wish to use to the canvas.
- Choose a photo.
- Drag the photo into the grid.
Download an uploaded photo
As a Canva for Work user you can also download an uploaded photo should you need it again later.
To do this:
- Open the Uploads tab in the object panel of the editor.
- Click on the Uploads folder to reveal your uploaded photos.
- Click ‘i’ on the lower left corner of the image you need.
- Click the downward pointing arrow to download the photo.
- The file will save to your computer.
Deleting a photo from your design
To delete a photo you have added:
- Click on the image you wish to delete. A dotted outline and the editor toolbar will appear.
- Click on the Trash icon in the editor toolbar to delete the image.
- If you used grids, two other options will appear. Choose Delete image to delete the photo inside the grid. On the other hand, you can choose Delete element to delete the whole grid.
If you do not wish to delete an existing image inside a grid, you can choose to replace it instead. To replace an image inside of a grid simply drag a new photo into the place of the existing one and it will automatically replace it.