Using design folders
Design folders offer an excellent way to share and organize designs within your Canva account.
You can use them to organize current work, archive past work, or collect related designs being created by multiple team members. Folders you create are visible only to you –to allow others to see and interact with them, you must share it with them.
With a standard Canva account, you can create up to 2 design folders. If you upgrade to Canva for Work, you can enjoy the premium feature to create unlimited number of folders.
Create design folders
Creating design folders is quick and easy. To create a design folder, simply click on the Add New Folder button from the left panel on the homepage. Be sure to give your folder a descriptive name.
Move designs into folders
After creating a design folder, you can add up to 200 designs into it.
To add a design into a folder:
- Click on the All Your Designs tab from your homepage.
- Find the design you wish to add to the folder.
- Drag it into the folder.
Remove designs from folders
If you’ve changed your mind about a design you added to a folder, you can quickly remove it with just a few clicks.
To remove a design from a folder:
- Click on the folder.
- Find the design you wish to remove.
- Hover over the design.
- A small arrow will appear on the top right-hand corner. Click on it.
- Click on Remove from ‘Folder name’ option.
You can also delete a design permanently by clicking on Move to Trash.
Delete design folders
If a folder is no longer useful, you can delete it from your dashboard.
To delete a design folder:
- Click on the folder you wish to delete.
- Click on the gear button on the top right-hand corner.
- Click on Delete folder.
Rename design folder
If a name no longer suits a folder, you can rename your folder.
To rename a design folder:
- Click on the folder you wish to rename.
- Click on your folders name on the top of the page. The text will be highlighted in blue.
- Type in the new name you wish to use.
- Hit enter.
Share your design folder
You can share your design folder with your whole team or a subset of your team.
To share a folder:
- Click on the folder you wish to share.
- Click on the green Share button on the top right-hand corners.
- Enter the emails of the individuals you wish to share the folder with.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Favoriting design folders
You can make design folders easily accessible by tagging them as favorites. Once a design folder is tagged as favorite, it will automatically move on top of your design folders list.
To do so, simply click on the Star icon beside the design folder title. The icon will turn white once clicked. To remove it as a favorite, just click again to Unstar. All design folders that have been favorited will appear on top of the list.