Adding and removing Charts
Canva charts help explain data with simple visuals. The selection of charts lets you create a variety of chart types – from pie charts to line graphs and bar graphs. Adding information is also made easier with a smart table that automatically plots out data in the design.
Selecting a chart
Before editing a chart, it’s important to make sure that the chart is available to customize. Some charts are specifically for visual aid to things like venn diagrams.
Here’s how to check that a chart is editable:
- Click the Elements tab in the object panel.
- Open the Charts folder.
- On the lower right corner of each displayed chart design is a tag. Editable charts have a white Edit tag. Non-editable charts will have a white Free tag.
Adding a chart
To add a chart to your design:
- In the Elements tab on your object panel, click Charts.
- Select the chart that best represents the information you wish to display.
- Once the chart appears in on your design, double click on it to reveal the smart table.
- Add in information. Note that the Values column will only accept numbers.
- Click anywhere on the editor to close the table.
You can also opt to copy a table from a spreadsheet of your own and paste it at the bottom of the revealed table in the editor.
Removing a chart
If you change your mind about a chart, you can always delete it.
To delete a chart:
- Select the chart you’d like to delete.
- Click on the Trash icon in the editor toolbar.
If you’re looking to change the appearance of your chart, feel free to check out our Format charts article.