Add and delete text
Canva provides a variety of text and text holders that you can easily use in your design.
Add a text box
To add a text box:
- Click the Text tab in the side panel.
- Click the Add a text box button.
- Type to edit the message. Change the format – font, color, size and more – via the toolbar.
Duplicate text box
Here’s how to duplicate text boxes on both versions of the editor:
- Select the text box you’d like to duplicate.
- Click on Copy on the editor toolbar.
- Edit or format the duplicated text box as you wish.
Delete text box
To delete a text box or a text holder:
- Select the text box you wish to delete by clicking on it.
- Click on the Trash icon found on the editor toolbar above the design.