Add and remove shapes and lines
Sometimes adding something like a pop of color in the form of a shape or line can help complete the look of your design. Find the perfect element from Canva’s library.
Add a shape or line
To add a shape or line to your design:
- Open the Elements tab in the side panel.
- Select the Shapes or Lines category. You can also type a keyword in the search bar to find something specific.
- Click or drag your chosen element onto your design.
To learn about resizing, rotating, and customizing shapes and lines, feel free to check out our Format shapes and lines article
Remove a shape or line
To remove a shape or line on your design:
- Select the shape or line you want to delete.
- Click the Trash icon in the toolbar.