Setting up SFTP
- Download and install an FTP program. Filezilla is recommended but there are many free options available.
- Launch the FTP program.
- Enter the server address (ftp.canva.com) and the port number (22)
- Enter your Canva username and password. Check your onboarding email for these details.
- Click Connect.
- Upon connection, you might be prompted with an Unknown host key message. Check the box that says Trust this host and continue to connect.
Once connected, you’ll see two windows:
- Local site – usually on the left, showing your local computer
- Remote site – usually on the right, which is our FTP server showing the root directory folder for your account. You will see a folder with your username and sub-folders with the name of your brands.
Once logged in, you will see a home folder with your username.
Inside your home folder, you will see subfolders for each brand you have access to.
Drag the files from the local site to one of the brand folders on the remote site to start uploading. You can also drag whole folders. Canva will accept whatever folder structure you use.
What it looks like after uploading an image to the brand ‘jackyc1’.