Setting up FTP
Follow these steps to set up File Transfer Protocol (FTP):
- Download and Install an FTP program. Filezilla is recommended but there are many free options available.
- Launch the FTP program.
- Enter the server address (ftp.canva.com) and the port number (21).
- Enter your Canva username and password. Check your onboarding email for these details.
- Click Connect.
Once connected, you’ll see two windows:
- Local site – usually on the left, showing your local computer
- Remote site – usually on the right, which is our FTP server showing the root directory folder for your account
Drag the files from the local site to the “/” folder in the remote site to start uploading. You can also drag whole folders. Canva will accept whatever folder structure you use.