Metadata refers to the title, description, and keywords related to each image. Canva requires all images to have content in all three IPTC fields of your JPG and EPS files.
As image owners, you know your subjects best. You should be able to match your images with optimized metadata to allow them to surface in the right search results. We recommend this practice before you submit your files.
When submitting PNG files, SVG files or EPS version 8 files, submit a matching JPG ‘preview file’ with the metadata embedded and give the ‘paired’ files the same filename. Our system will recognize them and associate the metadata from the JPG files with the PNG, SVG or EPSv8 files in the system.
- Upload these ‘pairs’ as separate files and not zipped together.
- Upload them in the same batch.
- There is no minimum size for the jpeg preview file.
To add or edit metadata using GIMP:
- Open the image in your editor.
- Click File then choose Properties from the drop-down (other apps will show File Info).
- Click on the Description or IPTC tab in the dialogue box that appears.
- Add the Title, Description, and Keywords in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK once done.