Contributor uploading FAQs
How do I upload my files?
To make it easy for Canva contributors to send us many files at once, we offer FTP and a host of cloud sharing services including those listed below.
FTP is a free and easy way to upload lots of files at once. Every approved Canva contributor automatically has an FTP account. Check out our guide to uploading your photos with FTP.
Cloud sharing services
You can use this method with most of the major cloud storage services (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Amazon Drive, etc.).
To upload your files through this method:
- Get your Canva Brand ID included in the email you received when your application was approved. It’s 11 characters and starts with an upper-case B, like this: BAAX18zXxz0. If you can’t find it, contact us and we’ll send it to you.
- Open the cloud sharing service you wish to use.
- Create a new folder using your Brand ID as the name.
- Copy the files you’d like to upload into that folder.
- Share the folder to this user account:
WeTransfer (from your desktop or device)
You can submit images directly from your desktop or device using WeTransfer. Follow the steps below:
- Go to https://canva.wetransfer.com/
- Add your files or even a folder
- Email to [email protected]
- Enter your email address
- Put your Brand ID in the message field so we can ensure your files go to the right place.
- Click Transfer.
Why can’t I see my uploads on Canva?
It usually takes a day or two before your uploaded files get submitted and appear in the system. After that, please give us a week to review them. Once approved, it will appear in the Canva Library and be available for sale.
If you discover files that haven’t appeared or reviewed after two weeks, reach out to us so we can take a look.
We’ve created the Webuploader tool, designed to upload your raster files, within your Canva Contributor accounts. Using the Webuploader tool, you can drag and drop your images from your device directly into the review system.
To access the Webuploader:
- Switch to your contributor brand.
- Click on the Upload button right below your Profile name (upper left corner of the page).
- Click the Select Files button or drag images into the gray area to upload your images.
- Tick the disclaimer for the declaration of ownership and having the necessary release/s for the images you are submitting.
- Click the Submit # photo/s button.
Being in its early stages, we’ve identified some limitations:
- SVG and EPS files are not accepted at the moment. Try our usual upload methods for this file type.
- Paired files (e.g. PNG files or raster cutouts paired with a JPG file for the metadata) cannot be read and processed properly by the tool yet.
- Since vectors can’t be uploaded yet, paired SVG/EPS files (vectors) with JPG metadata files will result in the JPG files being uploaded only as a raster. Please try our usual upload methods for vectors.
- There is no way to deselect an image from the upload page once it has been dragged into the screen. Be sure of the files you would like to include in a batch before you submit.