What is a Contributor brand?
Canva uses a concept of ‘brands’ in addition to user accounts. Having separate brands and usernames provides the flexibility for a single user account to manage multiple brands of content, and for multiple user accounts to manage a single brand of content. When you first become a Contributor, you start with one user account and one Contributor brand.
Setting up your user account is what happens when you register at Canva. The user account is what you use to log in to the Canva website. When you’re approved as a Canva Contributor we establish your Contributor brand to ‘house’ your content and it’s what’s visible to users in Canva. A user account cannot house content in the library. Usernames and brand names need to be mutually unique, so if you can’t change your brand name to be the name you want, check you haven’t already set it as your username.
How do I edit my Contributor brand name?
You can change both your username and your brand name in Canva.
To change your username:
- Go to your Account settings by clicking on your profile name from the bottom corner of the Canva homepage side panel.
- Proceed to the Profile tab where you can then edit your username.
To change your Contributor brand name:
- You first have to ensure that you are on your Contributor brand since the default setting when you log in is your Personal brand.
- Once you switch brands, the checkmark will transfer from your Personal brand to your Contributor brand.
- Go to your Account settings by clicking on your profile name from the bottom corner of the Canva homepage side panel
- While still on the Account settings page, proceed to the Contributors tab where you’ll be able to see your Contributor brand information, as well as edit your brand name.