Ready to send your design to print? We are as excited as you are to see your designs come to life.
Canva continuously strives to provide you with the best design tool available through our easy-to-use web app. To complete your design experience, we’ve introduced the Order prints feature which enables you to choose print options, select size and quantity of prints, and easily pay for your order at the best possible price. High-quality prints are delivered to your doorstep in no time.
There are two stages involved before you can send your design to production. Learn how to go about the stages and understand what goes on before your final order runs to print.
Before any artwork gets printed, it is best practice to proof your file to ensure all elements in your design appear as anticipated. This stage guides you through the process of ensuring your design will print the way you created it. It involves checking the resolution of the images as well as the correct placement of text and other elements in the design. The design still remains editable at this stage.
Here’s how to go about this process:
1. Click the Order prints button and select your product specifications, then click the Begin Order button.
2. The image resolution checker will appear. Images that fill your entire design must be at least 1024 pixels x 768 pixels. Other images should be as high resolution as possible.
3. Check the bleed area of your design. Make sure your design extends all the way to the pink bleed line to prevent unwanted white lines or gaps appearing in your final printed product.If your design is in place, click Next.
4. Check the safe area of your design. Make sure important elements are inside the pink safe area line as they may be cut off when printed. If important elements are safe, click Next.
5. The PDF proof checklist will appear. Click Continue to generate a PDF for print file. View the PDF proof and check off all the items in the list presented.
6. Proceed with Continue to checkout to take you to the Order form. Clicking the “X” close button will take you back to step 2 (Safe area check). Clicking the “Notice a problem” button will take you to the support centre to report the issue.
After check out, it’s time to create your print order. At this stage, you can enter all of your shipping and payment information, as well as make changes to the print options you chose at the beginning.
To fill out the order form:
1. Enter your shipping and billing address details.
2. Click Continue to proceed with payment and confirmation. Enter your credit card details. You can also check if your shipping and billing information was entered correctly.
3. Click Pay now. The progress bar will appear and animates while payment is processing.
4. The order confirmation dialog box will appear and a confirmation email is sent if your order is successful. An order number is also generated. Otherwise, click “contact support” link to go to the support centre if you are unable to process payment. Go to print orders button takes you to the orders section of the user account. Clicking “X” and “Back to your design” both closes the dialog and returns to the editor.