Ready to complete your design experience by having it printed out? Take note of these important ordering stages before sending your design off to production.
Before an artwork gets printed, it’s always best to proof your file ensuring all elements in the design appear as expected. This stage involves checking the resolution of images as well as the placement of text and other elements in the design.
Here’s how to go about this process:
- Click the Order prints button and select your product specifications, then click the Begin Order button.
- The image resolution checker will appear. Images that fill your entire design must be at least 1024 pixels x 768 pixels. Other images should be as high resolution as possible.
- Check the bleed area of your design. Make sure your design extends all the way to the pink bleed line to prevent unwanted white lines or gaps appearing in your final printed product.If your design is in place, click Next.
- Check the safe area of your design. Make sure important elements are inside the pink safe area line as they may be cut off when printed. If important elements are safe, click Next.
- The PDF proof checklist will appear. Click Continue to generate a PDF for print file. View the PDF proof and check off all the items in the list presented.
- Proceed with Continue to checkout to take you to the Order form. Clicking the “X” close button will take you back to step 2 (Safe area check). Clicking the “Notice a problem” button will take you to the support centre to report the issue.
After check out an order form needs to be filled. At this stage shipping and payment information is added. You can, however, still make changes to the print options you chose at the beginning.
To fill out the order form:
- Enter your shipping and billing address details.
- Click Continue to proceed with payment and confirmation. Enter your credit card details. You can also check if your shipping and billing information was entered correctly.
- Click Pay now. The progress bar will appear and animates while payment is processing.
- The order confirmation dialog box will appear and a confirmation email is sent if your order is successful. An order number is also generated. Otherwise, click contact support link to go to the support centre if you are unable to process payment. Go to print orders button takes you to the orders section of the user account. Clicking X and Back to your design both closes the dialog and returns to the editor.