Order prints (Canva 1.0)
Ready to complete your design experience by having it printed out? Take note of these important ordering stages before sending your design off to production.
This article discusses how to order prints on Canva 1.0. If you’re using Canva 2.0, head over to our article about it
. You can also head over to our article about Canva 1.0 and 2.0
to find out which version you’re using.
Before an artwork gets printed, it’s always best to proof your file ensuring all elements in the design appear as expected. This stage involves checking the resolution of images as well as the placement of text and other elements in the design.
Here’s how to go about this process:
- Click the Order prints button and select your print and shipping options, then click the Begin Order button.
If you do not see the Order prints
button, it might be possible that Canva Print is not yet available in your region. You can check the availability of Canva Print here
- The image resolution checker will appear. If you have any images that are not in high resolution, the checker will let you know. Click on Continue after ensuring that all of your images are in high resolution.
- Check the bleed area of your design. Make sure your design extends all the way to the dotted line to prevent unwanted white lines or gaps appearing in your final printed product. If your design is in place, click Next.
- Check the “danger zone” of your design. Make sure no important elements are inside the “danger zone” as they may be cut off when printed. If important elements are safe, click Next.
- The PDF will generate. After generation finishes, your PDF will automatically download. Make sure to check the PDF carefully.
- After checking the PDF, a proof checklist will appear. Tick on all of the checkboxes. Proceed with Continue to checkout to take you to the Order form. Clicking the “X” close button will take you back to step 3 (check the “danger zone”). Clicking the “Notice a problem” button will take you to the support centre to report the issue.
After check out an order form needs to be filled. At this stage shipping and payment information is added. You can, however, still make changes to the print options you chose at the beginning.
To fill out the order form:
- Enter your shipping and billing address details.
- Click Continue to proceed with payment and confirmation. Enter your credit card details. You can also check if your shipping and billing information was entered correctly.
- Click Pay now. The progress bar will appear and animates while payment is processing.
- The order confirmation dialog box will appear and a confirmation email is sent if your order is successful. An order number is also generated. Otherwise, click contact support link to go to the support centre if you are unable to process payment. Go to print orders button takes you to the orders section of the user account. Clicking X or Back to your homepage both closes the dialog and returns to the All your designs page.
note: A confirmation email will be sent to the email address connected to your Canva account.
Was this article helpful ?