Failed subscription purchase
A failed payment occurs when Canva attempts and fails to charge the credit card connected to your account. This may be due to the following reasons:
- The card is expired or invalid.
- There aren’t sufficient funds in your account.
- The billing information (credit card number) is incorrect.
- There is no credit card on file.
If your payment fails, a failed payment notification will be sent to your account’s email address and a “failed payment” status will appear in your invoice.
If you receive a failed payment notification, you can pay the outstanding amount by updating your credit card details:
- Click on the link in the failed invoice email, OR
- Click on the small arrow next to your profile name. This will reveal a small drop down menu.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Click on the Billing and Teams tab.
- Click Change next to your credit card information.
- Type in your new credit card information.
- Click Save.
Canva will then charge your credit card for the outstanding amount.
Failed premium element purchase
When a premium element purchase fails, the error message “Your credit card was declined.” will appear and attempts to download the design will not push through.
To be able to purchase the element, you can check your credit card details via the Account settings or update your credit card information.