Protect your account
At Canva, we are committed to protecting your data and privacy. To help with this, we recommend doing the following for added protection to your account:
Log in using your Apple, Facebook, or Google account
Using a social login means you don’t need to set or remember a password. After you log in to your provider, they’re able to tell Canva who you are.
Use a password manager
Passwords should be unique and unpredictable. Using a password manager is the easiest way to set a strong password. It also allows using different strong passwords for all your logins without having to remember all of them.
Pick a strong password
If you can’t use a password manager, we recommend using a password that’s at least 8 characters. Avoid using the following as passwords as well because they’re easy to guess:
- A word by itself
- Recent years
- Straight rows of keys
- Sequences like “abc” or “6543”
- Repeats like “aaa” or “abcabcabc”
- Short keyboard patterns
- Names and surnames
- Context like the website name
We also recommend changing your password from time to time.
Set up login verification (two-factor authentication)
When login verification or two-factor authentication is set up, we’ll send you a 6-digit code to your phone whenever you try to log in to Canva to confirm it’s you. This way, only you can log in to your account.
This is currently only available to users from Australia, Philippines, UK, and USA. We’re working on making this feature available to everyone soon.
Here’s how to set it up:
- From the top corner of the homepage, click your account icon or photo.
- Select Account settings.
- On the Account tab, scroll down to the Login verification section.
- Click Turn on Login verification.
- Enter your password, and click Confirm password.
- Next to the text field, click the dropdown and select your country code.
- Enter your phone number on the text field.
- Click Send code. A code will be sent to the phone number that you provided.
- Enter the code sent to your phone, and click Continue to finish.
Once set up, we’ll send a 6-digit code to your phone each time you log in to Canva to verify it’s you.