Keeping your account secure
At Canva, we are committed to protecting your data and privacy. You can use the following steps to add extra protection to your account.
Use a strong and unique password
Choosing a strong, unique password helps to keep your personal information safe, and protects your documents and designs.
A strong password is hard to guess.
A password manager is the safest way to generate and securely store passwords.
Here are some recommendations for a strong password:
- Make your password a minimum of 8 characters in length
- Avoid using these in your passwords as they’re easy to guess:
- A word by itself.
- Recent years.
- Straight rows of keys.
- Sequences like “abc” or “6543”.
- Repeats like “aaa” or “abcabcabc”.
- Short keyboard patterns.
- Names and surnames.
- Context like the website name
Use a password manager
A password manager can help you to create and manage a strong password.
Canva has partnered with 1Password to offer a free one-year trial to all our users. To sign up or learn more, click here.
Set up login verification (two-factor authentication)
Login verification, also known as two-factor authentication, adds an extra layer of protection to your account. With login verification, you can protect your account with both your password and your phone.
When you log in to Canva, we’ll send a 6-digit code to your phone to confirm it’s you. Canva is also adding OTP and U2F to our verification methods. These will be available in the near future.
You can set up login verification by following these steps:
- Click on your profile name from the top of the homepage side panel.
- Select Account settings.
- Under the Account tab, click Turn on Login verification.
- Confirm your password.
- Enter your phone number and click Send code.
- Enter the code and click Continue. When you next log in, a code will be sent to your phone to verify it’s you.